auto-equip

From: Burkhard Knopf (Knopf@tlaloc.in.tu-clausthal.de)
Date: 12/03/95

Hi CircleMudders!

After having read Jeremy's solution for this I thought mine was a bit
better (well, who wouldn't think that of their own code ;-).  It will
put all your rented items back to where they were (even when you're
used to put filled containers into containers which are in a container
which are in a container).
The information on the equip position is part of the struct obj_file_elem
so it's put into the plrobjs files.  No new files for just a couple of
sh_ints.
The only problem with this is that you might have to dump your plrobjs
files (or rather reformat them :-) on some machines.

I put the files autoeq.patch.gz and autoeq.README on both
        ftp.cs.jhu.edu:/pub/CircleMUD/incoming  and
        cambot.res.jhu.edu:/pub/CircleMUD/incoming

Running patch with the (ungzipped) autoeq.diff file as input will produce
new objsave.c and structs.h files.

When you're in doubt if the new struct obj_file_elem is compatible to
the old one just run the new version with a new plrobjs file tree.  If
the file length for a rent file with, say, 1 item is the same as with the
old one it should work without any changes on those files.

Enjoy, and mail me in case of any trouble
  Burkhard

--
Burkhard Knopf                       and when they say 'take of his body'
   e-mail:                           I think I'll take from mine instead