Re: your mail

From: Wout Mertens (Wout.Mertens@rug.ac.be)
Date: 12/11/95

hi!

> 	I was wonderring what you imps use for a software development
> tool.  And what problems you run into when you have a lot of coders
pico :)
I'm looking in to emacs now... but I can't really say we over here use
a real softdev tool....

> touching same code.  Or any solutions you can offer.  I heard that
Problems that can arise are two people doing work on some file at the
same time, so that there are two versions or the first one gets
overwritten by the second or things like that. The first problem is
solved with diff and the second by giving everyone a private dir to mess
around with.
other probs: You write some code, put it in the program, want to compile
and it doesn't compile because someone else had the same idea but buggy
code. A bit of yelling always solves that for me :)

> program RCS with linux distrubition doesn't seem to compile on Solaris.
What is RCS?

Gekke Eekhoorn of BUG.