Re: RBB: Realy Big Bitvectors

From: Tel Janin Aellinsar (icarus@loomis.berkshire.net)
Date: 12/13/95

On Wed, 13 Dec 1995, Jaco van Iterson wrote:

> Your message is a bit confusing, at first you disagree but at the end you
> agree that only 1 of 255 flags in a byte could be set. I guess you saw the
> light somewehere in the middle of writing your message  :)

The concept you were after is correct, in that you can have 255 flags, but
not all can be on at once.  (You miscounted is all.)

> BTW.
> - numbering from 0 to 255 gives 256 flags, 1 to many.

Yeah.  Zero should be excluded.

> Jaco

icarus@Crocker.COM                           http://www.crocker.com/~icarus
Berserker Dragon -=={UDIC}==-              Ultima Dragons, Internet Chapter
Lord Eric P. McCoy IV                                 Knights of the Cosmos