Re: No Subject

From: Tel Janin Aellinsar (icarus@loomis.berkshire.net)
Date: 12/26/95

On Mon, 25 Dec 1995 BryanRoach@aol.com wrote:

> > What is the difference between a Unix Text file and Dos. I have changed
> >just the smallest of things and my unix compiler finds more errors then
> >medusa has places to hang her coat. Whats a good editor to edit source in
> >dos to
> >later upload ro my unix for compilation.
>
> I do all my editing from my pentium just using notepad or wordpad in
> windows... haven't run into any problems, and it's easy to move source back
> and forth from my linux box using a windows FTP client.

Oh yeah.  ASCII-mode FTP strips CR/LF pairs from a file and translates
them to a lone CR.  Binary-mode FTP autoconverts (or should) CR's to
CR/LF pairs.  So you can convert them that way (that's probably what
you're doing).

Tel Janin Aellinsar                       http://www.crocker.com/~icarus
McCoy Enterprises Corporation                  info@ICARUS.BERKSHIRE.NET
Berserker Dragon, Knights of the Cosmos             icarus@BERKSHIRE.NET