Attention FreeBSD users

From: Sergei Barbarash (sgt@netmedia.net.il)
Date: 02/06/96

I hoped this bug would be fixed in pl9, but...

If you use FreeBSD without DES encryption, you should compile the Circle
server with NOCRYPT option, BUT:

make sure you patch util/mudpasswd.c - it has no NOCRYPT option, and if
you use it on database produced by NOCRYPT server, you may screw it up.

The suggested patch is:

Instead of:
strncpy(buf.pwd, crypt(password, buf.name), MAX_PWD_LENGTH);

Make it:

#ifndef NOCRYPT
strncpy(buf.pwd, crypt(password, buf.name), MAX_PWD_LENGTH);
#else
strncpy(buf.pwd, password, MAX_PWD_LENGTH);
#endif

| Sergei Barbarash aka Sgt <sgt@netmedia.net.il>          \/   |
| NetMedia System Administrator                          /###\ |
| Check out our WWW site at http://www.netmedia.net.il/   V V  |