Re: BUG

From: Ron Hensley (strider@peace.hippy.org)
Date: 02/10/96

> You have not provided any information useful for solving the problem.
> On my computer, Circle does not crash with excess input.
>
> What version of Circle are you using?  What operating system name and
> version?  What compiler warnings, if any, did you get?  Most importantly,
> what is the stack trace as reported by the core dump?

Patch level 8
BSD OS
GCC
no warnings at all, been running for months, and like i said, happens
with both my hacked up source, or with a frshly downloaded copy from jhu

gdb reports:
 #0 0x5d206464 in null (
 cannot access memory at address 0x646464c

which tells me nothing, but it seems obvious it char *argument getting
overfilled on calls to ACMD's if they are too big.

Theres no checking done to trim them before accessing the memory it
points to

  *     Ron Hensley                LordMUD          strider@hippy.org       *
  *     Computer Programmer     eagle.dmv.com       strider@dmv.com         *
  *     DelMarVa OnLine              4000           complaints@/dev/null    *
  *     749-1111 Ext. 403                                                   *