Re: Troubles with shops

From: Steve (quickey@cyberverse.com)
Date: 02/20/96

On Tue, 20 Feb 1996, The Arrow wrote:

> I have this little problem with shops, when I, or anyone else, buys stuff
> in the shops, the shopkeeper tells you that you bought something else.
> But when you look in your inventory, the right thing is there, it's just
> what the keeper tells you that is wrong.
> I copied shop.c from pathlevel 9, and just added the anti-race/class flags
> that is specific to our mud.
> Any help is appreciated.
are you sure you didn't add an item stacking mod to your mud? because
this problem showed up when i added item stacking, because somewhere in
the shop code when it tells you what you have bought (i guess because you
can buy 30 <thingy>) it checks what the 1st item in your inventory is to
print what you bought, often item stacking reorders items so it will
print the incorrect thing, go into shop.c and make sure its printing the
name of the object you chose, and not what the 1st item in your inventory is