$ Make Ideas Fast $

From: Harvey Gilpin (rv@twylite.demon.co.uk)
Date: 02/26/96

Low on ideas?  Wanna make a fast Idea?

Follow this simple system and soon thousands of ideas can be yours!
Simply post your ideas for the perfect MUD to the top person the list
below, remove their name form the list and add yours to the bottom!
It really works!

*WHAM!*  (oooh, that's gotta hurt)

Uh, sorry about that, let's try again...

Hi all.

I know this probably isn't the ideal forum for this sort of
discussion, but since the majority of the readership of this mailing
list are likely to have similar tastes in MUDs to my own, I'm gonna
post it here anyhow...

Here's the deal:  I'm  about to start writing a new mud, using Circle
as a code base, but I need more ideas and inspiration as to what to
code into it.  I am hoping to find other MUD admins who want to share
ideas on how to make our MUDs better than they are at present.

I'm looking for new ideas on combat, new utility commands, better ways
to enforce game balance and encourage grouping etc.  New and devious
ways in which to torture players and whip them up into a frenzy of
addled addiction.  You know the kinda thing.

If you are in a similar position, or just plain generous with your
intellectual property, email me so we can brainstorm to come up with
some truly award winning MUDs.

Cheers,

Rv.

"He who laughs last probably didn't get the joke."