Re: ANSI screen

From: d. hall (dhall@illusion.apk.net)
Date: 02/27/96

// thus on Tue, 27 Feb 1996 14:13:18 -0500 (EST), Alex virtually scripted...

>> I want to add an ANSI screen & color feature into the CIrcleMUD and I
>> really don't have any ideas how to do this ??

Alex> Just a note, but if yuo mean the title screen, you should
Alex> *definitely* ask people if they want the ANSI colour screen or a
Alex> plain one, since I've noticed that ansi colour codes fry some clients
Alex> and terms...  Just a note.

Some people connect via non-ANSI color complient clients (I know I somtimes
connect via emacs).  I would get a screen load of garbage.  Generally it' a
bad idea(tm) to just display ansi colors (and moving the cursor is
definately a bad idea unless they explicitly know it's being moved.

Alex> Oh, and feel free to cut down the sig a bit. (=

Well if he would put the "^-- \n" regexp, or else use MIME so I could at
least not have to look at "^[" all over the place... =)

d.
--
Frobnicate:
  v. To manipulate or adjust, to tweak.  Derived from FRONITZ (q.v.).