[ xxx ] object listing

From: Rasmus R\xnlev (raro94ab@hp4.econ.cbs.dk)
Date: 02/29/96

Well, lame subject, but what the hell :)

I'm thinking of some way to make all those similar objects in a
room/inv/container be sorted in a way so that if there were 10 short
swords and 2 daggers in a room that they'd be displayed like this:

[10] You see a short sword lying here.
[ 2] You see a finely crafted dagger lying here.

Did anyone make this allready, and if so, could I get a copy of i, or at
least a description of how to do it, as my only Idea is building
something with an endless looping structure (allmost :) sorting the
objects in the room every time, and then grouping them together in a
[num] line ...

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Con.

d.
*                            *    Visit my homepage:                      *
*   Rasmus Rønlev DOEK'94    *    http://www.econ.cbs.dk/people/raro94ab  *
*   Student instructor       *    Visit my Multi User Dungeon (MUD):      *
*                            *    ns3.ptd.net 5000 or 198.80.46.3 5000    *
*      Student, B.Sc in Computer Science and Business Administration      *