Re: License Diku / Circle

From: Daniel W. Burke (dwb@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 03/04/96

At 10:54 AM 3/4/96 -0800, you wrote:
>>>license, which is more specific about things like that if I remember
>>>correctly.
>
>>But do any of the original DikuMUD programmers care anymore?
>
>Far be it from me to speak for ALL the people involved with Diku, but
>unless they have specifically changed the license, it still holds.  I
>know Sebastian Hammer, for one, still cares, there is a Diku called

Of course the license still hold since none of the original programmers have
officially retracted it, but I do know of one of them that couldn't care
less anymore.....

And since it's too costly to prosicute to be worth it, what's to stop
someone from charging if people are willing to pay?  I know I wouldn't pay,
there's too many free muds out there to worry about playing 1 mud because it
charges..... (and I don't want any money for my mud, I'm just trying to make
a point)

Brazil - IMP of AddictMUD   206.185.33.2 4000

**** NOTE ADDRESS CHANGE, BUT WE ARE NOT BACK UP YET ****