Re: do_improve

From: Pink Floyd (floyd@south.mit.edu)
Date: 03/20/96

   /* AT THIS POINT IT TELLS ME THERE IS A PARSE ERROR BEFORE 'int' */
   /* however, this line is no different from the rest of lines like it
   except that it has 'int' instead of 'dex' or what ever.  I don't get it.*/
	   if (ch->real_abils.int < 18)
		   {
		   ch->real_abils.int = ch->real_abils.int + 1;
		   GET_INT(ch) = GET_INT(ch) - 5;
		   }
	   else
		   sprintf(buf, "Already at 18.\r\n");
	   }

I don't even have the circle code here at the moment, but I'd wager to say
that ch-real_abils does NOT have a member named 'int', since that is a C
keyword.  Check that.

   /* I am getting another parse error here before 'if'*/

You will likely get several parse errors from this point, but fixing it may
make them all go away.

Also, you have several statements of the form:

if (blah1) {

  }

if (blah2) {

  }

if (blah3)
  }

>From what I gathered, blah1, blah2, blah3, ... are all mutually exclusive
conditions, so if one is met then none of the others will be.  And especially
since the blah's involve function calls, I would suggest making those
else-if clauses instead of just if clauses.

Good luck.