Re: modifying act()

From: Steve (quickey@cyberverse.com)
Date: 03/25/96

On Mon, 25 Mar 1996, Ned Lovely wrote:

> I want to be able to snoop on a room, not a person. My attempts
> to modifying act() have resulted in nothing but very weird bugs. I was
> wondering if anyone has ever done this sort of thing.

You'll probably want to toy with process_input() and process_ouput() in
comm.c that is where snoop originally takes place. Your best bet would be
to make a linked list, and when people enter the room add them to the
list and when they exit the room have them removed from the list. then in
process_input/process_output put in a for loop which loops through the
linked list's input/output and SEND_TO_Q() that to the snooper, beware
this i'll be a HUGE spam, because of all of the people in the room. also
put in a check so that YOUR input/output isn't sent back to you our
you'll overflow (kinda like feedback) =)

BTW: I wrote a level based help mod for Circle 3.0 which i mailed to the
list, but i never recieved back the mail saying i mailed it (this was
about 1 or 2 days ago) should i re-mail it?

Steve
quickey@cyberverse.com