Re: Twink Filter

From: Brian Gray (mandy@tmarts.com)
Date: 03/25/96

  I'm prepared to send my nanny() function that contains all of the code
for player registration via email.  I can just post it to the list if you
guys want, or I can send it out individually.  There's one major thing I
cannot do for you though:  You must convert your playerfile to one that
contains the field 'char email[MAX_EMAIL_LENGTH]' on disk and 'char*
email' in memory.  You must add in store_to_char() and char_to_store()
the appropriate measures to transfer them, and finally you must create a
GET_EMAIL(ch) macro.  I put mine in the top level of the character
structures, but if you want to conserve memory you can put it in the
player_specials_saved structure.  Come to think of it, that might be a Bad
Thing(tm), as the same player_specials_saved structure is used in the
memory struct so you wouldn't have a char*, just a char[].  Ah well, it's
up to you.

 -- Mandy, Coding Director of The Multiplex
 -- pccs.cs.pomona.edu 4747
 -- http://www.tmarts.com/Multiplex