From: Rasmus R\xnlev (raro94ab@hp4.econ.cbs.dk)
Date: 04/01/96

Hi all.

In the beleaf that someone here could clear this up, I'm composing a
letter about my newest sorrow *sulk*

Whats happening is, that I added two more 'global' FILE * pointers, one
for an imm_help file, and one for a clan file... now this loads fine, and
there doesn't seem to be any problems here... The funky thing happens
when more than 17 players log onto the mud...

The mud gives one of those EQ load errors, just as if there are not
enough available file descriptors (thats what I beleave the problem might
be). Now does anyone know if I can get arround that problem.. I mean
freeing up the clan/imm_help file so it's not open all the time doesnt
seem to be so important to me... I mean.. what'll two more file
descriptors do...

It started to occur after I added the two files, but on the other hand
we've just begun to get that amount of players anyway... so I haven't got
anything to cross reference it with..

so... anyone able to tell me anything on the basis of this ?

Regards,
Con.

d.
*                            *    Visit my homepage:                      *
*   Rasmus Rønlev DOEK'94    *    http://www.econ.cbs.dk/people/raro94ab  *
*   Student instructor       *    Visit my Multi User Dungeon (MUD):      *
*                            *    ns3.ptd.net 5000 or 198.80.46.3 5000    *
*      Student, B.Sc in Computer Science and Business Administration      *