RE: Newbies need equipment

From: moron (moron@IslandNet.com)
Date: 04/01/96

I received a good suggestion for enabling newbies with some basic equipment
but the instructions were somewhat vague. I found the code that appeared
to be handling new characters in class.c (this Circle 3.0pl10) and it
appears straight forward to give them some equipment.  However, when I
looked through struct.c to see how the user structures were set up, it
became a bit unlear to me how equipment is handled.  There appears to be a
pointer to a list of equipment but I am not sure how it is ordered, what
the format is that is expected (i.e. does the vnum go here) or whether it
is in several places throughout the structure?  Is there already a function
somwhere that does this a lot simpler?  All suggestions would be
appreciated - the more explicit the better. =)

|        __,,______________   "Self preservation = Extreme Paranoia"   |
|      /___/       N A R C       .     moron@IslandNet.com      .      |
|            http://www.islandnet.com/~moron/deterrent/narc/           |