Re: OLC troubles

From: Harvey Gilpin (rv@twylite.demon.co.uk)
Date: 04/03/96

> > I wish I had.  I've only fixed the bug, and so far, only in redit.
> > Once I've got the bugs out of iedit I may start work on a medit and
> > zedit.  Urgh.  Anyone already made a start on these?
>
> Yeah obuild includes those.  It's packaged along with an object and room
> editor, but I know of several people who have installed it along with the
> package you've got, and use a combination of the two.  You can get it at:
>
>   ftp.clark.net/pub/samedi/obuild.05.tar.gz

Cool, thanks, I'll take a look.

> It's got its fair share of bugs :)

Wouldn't be any fun if it didn't have ;)

While I'm here I'd just like to mention that there's a patch file already
available that LOOKS like it fixes the bugs in r/iedit I was talking about.
I'm not sure yet, as just as I was about to test it, I got a little carried
away with 'rm -rf'...

Now I can't logon to ftp.cs.jhu.edu to get the originals. *sigh*

Anyways, if those that mailed me asking for a fix wanna try it this
patch file, take a look at:

ftp://cambot.res.jhu.edu/pub/CircleMUD/contrib/code/olc_patch.tar.gz

Apply the patch, crank up yer mud, AND STAND THE HELL BACK! :)

Rv.