Re: core

From: Stefan Rensing (rensing@uhura.biologie.uni-freiburg.de)
Date: 04/03/96

> * * * * * rm -f `/bin/find -name core`
>
> If I'm thinking correctly, this'll delete every core file in your home
> directory's path every minute.  Good enough?  (Actually, you may end up
> deleting all the core files on the system, if you're able.  Well, it's
> everyone else's fault for not protecting them properly, or something.)

It would be a nice idea to add a path for find, in general.

However, as the guy originally asking this question stated that he's not
root I would suggest to him not to do a find through the whole / (as you
seem to suggest) because then root will surely kick his ass };-) ....

The easiest thing to do is not to dump a core in the first time, two people
already posted how to do this for different sh/OS. However, if you would
like to have the possibility to check the core after a nasty crash you might
want to use a cronjob or put a rm command into the circle autorun script.

Another nice thing, of course, would be inreasing your disk quota ;)

-Aragorn@MultiMUD

--
Dr. Stefan A. Rensing         Institute of Biology II/III - Schaenzlestr. 1
SysOp, Biologist, Trainer   D-79104 Germany, FON: +49 761 203-2676 / FAX: 2675