Re: Adding Mob Action Bitvectors

From: Alex (3raf7@qlink.queensu.ca)
Date: 04/05/96

On Fri, 5 Apr 1996, JRhone wrote:
> other than readability of the data files
> is there any other signifigant reason why flags are converted to chars?

Have you ever edited a world file or created one offline?  They are rather
painful to create with bitvectors since you have to do a lot of addition
with not exactly round numbers... putting in the letter method makes it
a lot easier to actually create and edit an area offline (which many
people do, regardless of OLC)

Also, it eased my job a lot in converting the lib from 2.2 flags to 3.0
flags... let me tell you that.  Phew.

Erf.
DNRC -- Minister of the Gratuituous Cluefish Attacks