zone resets1 (fwd)

From: Billy H. Chan (~{3B:FH;~}) (bhchan@po.EECS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: 04/07/96

You recently wrote:
   Subject: zone resets1

   I want to change zone resets so that the number of mobs in world
   chanegs to number of mobs in zone or room.  How do you do this.  Can i
   get real code i have looked in DB.c and seen the command right now it
   just looks at mob_index how can i only look at mobs in that zone?

You could add a new array dimension  for mob_index, referenced by the
rnum of the zone.  Problem comes about when the mob gets killed... you
have to make sure you subtract 1 from the relevent zone.  Also, some
items that don't have a zone (mail, corpse, coins) must be handled
carefully if you extend this to objects.  In mobs, the problems I had
where in the spells clone and animate dead and figuring out which zone
should best contain those instances to keep count of.