Re: Possible bug in bpl10

From: ShadowLord (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 04/07/96

On Mon, 8 Apr 1996, Mac wrote:

> Sure thing, here's what you have to do.
> THe price for each pet is 3 times it's experience.
> So go set the experince (which is currenlty 0)
> in the 30.mob file. circle30bpl10/lib/world/mob
> I believe it is the second 0 in the mob file
> (see building.doc)
> Just change it for each pet, and you are all set.

This is not a good thing to do.  Players will be able to, in essence, buy
experience points.  All they'd need to do is stumble around the MUD
collecting coins people didn't pick up, buy pets, kill the pets, kill
something of their level for more coins, buy pets, kill the pets, etc.,
etc.

What I did was change it so the cost was the level of the pet * 40, i
think it was.  It might have been more/less, I don't particularly
remember.  Anyway, you get the general idea. :)