Re: Adding Other Classes and Object Extra Bitvectors

From: Tel Janin Aellinsar (icarus@Loomis.Berkshire.NET)
Date: 04/08/96

On Sun, 7 Apr 1996, Steve wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Apr 1996, Sammy wrote:
>
> > After z you would use caps, starting with A, B, C, etc.  Keep in mind
> > that you can only have 32 flags.  Once you've got 32, you'll have to add
> > another long bitvector or do some fancy bit handling.
>
> what if i wanted to use a long double (80 to 96bits depending on
> compiler/platform) what ascii flags would/could i use or would i have to
> write a new asciflag_convert() function?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think doubles allow some of
the cool bit-related stuff, like shl/shr and mod.  (Ooh, asm...)

I know that the modulus isn't allowed, at least, not without some special
modification or other, but shl/shr shouldn't be allowed either 'cause it
might screw over the decimal place.

Tel Janin Aellinsar                       http://www.crocker.com/~icarus
McCoy Enterprises Corporation          Shayol Ghul Resort and Health Spa
Berserker Dragon, Knights of the Cosmos             icarus@BERKSHIRE.NET