Re: Segfault in memcpy() .. help... :)

From: Michael J. Cunningham (malice@epix.net)
Date: 04/11/96

On Thu, 11 Apr 1996, Rasmus Rxnlev wrote:

> > #0  0xdf66231c in _memcpy ()
> > #1  0xdf69e6a8 in _doprnt ()
> > #2  0xdf6ab16c in sprintf ()
> > #3  0xa9244 in write_aliases (ch=0x8f69c8) at alias.c:35

                 This is the line number in your program-----^
                 where it crashed. Open up alias.c with pico and
                 move down 35 lines then type control-c to determine
                 the actual line number you are on in the program.

  Once you find the actual offending statement you can begin to figure
  out whats wrong with it. #0, #1, and #2 are system fuctions/calls.
  #3 is the function in your program that crashed and the line number
  that it died in that function.

> Well... How di I do that ? (See above)
> I am using GDB on the CORE file, if there is a way to make gdb show at
> what line in the CircleMUD code it crashed.. uhm.. Please enlighten me :)

d.
--
|        | alice@epix.net
           Enough Said...