Re: No Flames Please :-)

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 04/14/96

On Sun, 14 Apr 1996, Brian Christopher Guilbault wrote:

> Well I know how much the coding community loves Win95 and believe me I
> agree. However I am curious and would like to try compiling pl11 on my
> win95 machine. I have been looking for a free ansi C compiler for windows
> for quite some time anyway and this seems to be a godd (is there one)
> tiem to ask if any of you guys know of one.
>
> It is NOT my intention to start an O/S war, we all hate those, but if
> anyone knows of a good free ansi C compiler with windows support I would
> much appreciate if you could tell me a location to get it. Private mail
> is encouraged to avoid O/S wars on the list :-)

You might want to look for djgpp.  I don't know much about it but as I
understand it, it's the dos equivalent of gcc (or actually gpp).  I think
it's free and it may be able to compile circle for windows.  If not, it's
still a free compiler (I think).  You can probably find it on
ftp.cdrom.com, but if it isn't there just archie -s "djgpp*".

Sam