Coredump question

From: Sean P. Mountcastle (mountcas@scratchy.ee.cua.edu)
Date: 04/19/96

	We just upgraded our system to Linux 1.2.13 and now whenever the
mud dumps a corefile, if coredumpsize is unlimited we get a 330+ MB core,
if we set the size to 6000 kbytes we get a file of EXACTLY 6000 kbytes,
and on top of that gdb says:

Couldn't fetch registers from core file: File in wrong format.
Couldn't fetch registers from core file: File in wrong format.
#0 0x0 in ?? ()
(gdb)

	Any ideas on whats going wrong?  So far we've only installed the
a, d, n, and the disk with the Linux source on it.  Did we forget
something _VERY_ important?

	Many thanks in advance,

	- Sean

Sean Mountcastle
  "The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a
   block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards--
   and even then I have my doubts."
				       - Eugene H. Spafford