Re: bpl11 bug in boards?

From: ShadowLord (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 04/20/96

On Sat, 20 Apr 1996, Chaotic wrote:

> [snip]
>
> i've dug through the source.  i can see where the files are
> opened/closed/etc., but not where they might be created (was this supposed
> to be a part of the installation instead?).
>
> any thoughts/help appreciated.... Lauren

Ehm, perhaps you should look at when autorun creates the syslog.CRASH
file?  It is my understanding that it uses the last thirty lines of the
syslog formerly used by the game.

Next thing, about the boards, that files are created when someone adds a
message.  Those "error" messages are because the files are
empty/non-existant, but, it is plain to see that (A) those are not the
cause of any crash [simply because the MUD carries out instructions after
it], (B) you're not experiencing a crash.

Note the end of it that stated the game shutdown -- under normal
circumstances.  You are not crashing, it's shutting down the game as you
requested.