Re: CircleMUD installation in LINUX part II.

From: Mark Andrew Crichton (crichton@ecn.purdue.edu)
Date: 04/30/96

> make ../bin/circle
> make[1]: Entering directory '/home/bubonic/circle/src'
> gcc -c -g -O -Wall -fno-strict-prototypes  comm.c
> In file included from sysdep.h:37,
>                  from comm.c:14:
> /usr/include/stdio.h:71: warning: empty declaration
> In file included from /usr/include/linux/types.h:32,
>                  from /usr/include/sys/time.h:5,
>                  from /usr/include/sys/resource.h:9,
>                  from comm.c:22:
> /usr/include/asm/types.h:29: warning: empty declaration
> comm.c:112: virtual memory exhausted
^^^^^  DING DING DING!  This is the winner here.  You need to have some more
swap space for this compile.

> That's it...I think I understand the virtual memory error...I'm assuming
> that that just means that I ran out of RAM, so I just need to quit a few
> applications that are running simulataneously.  However, its the first

More than that, you need more swap space for linux (see the Linux-FAQ/ howto/
whatever else for help, or look for #LinPeople at the linpeople.teksouth.com
IRC server :) )

This should help get Linux installation Q's off the list :)

Mark Crichton

(and SPEAKING OF THE LIST, **I STILL CAN'T GET OFF THE $%^*@# THING!!!!**,
and yes, I'm going through all the majordomo motions, but it INSISTS that
my mailing address and the address I'm subscribed under are different (which
they are) and it requires the list-owner to remove me.  Granted, I LOVE our
centralized mail hub, BUT THIS ONE THING IS DRIVING ME BATTY!  ARRGGHH!
I need to get off since I'm leaving for the summer, and this acct goes idle
(not removed) and I dont wanna wade thru 2000000000 messages when I return :) )