Jail AREA+PROCS, + IDEA for NEXT release

From: Chris Anderson (chrisa@cujo.icom.ca)
Date: 05/05/96

        First off, I was wondering if anyone out there has any areas, and
spec procedures for sending PC's to jail? I would like to be able to send
someone to
jail if they PKILL of Ptheive.  I would also like to be able to try them,
and sentence them to a term of X+Y days. (X denoting the crime(say 1 for
theivin, 2 for Killin) + Y for previous  # of infractions.)

        i would also like to have the ability to jail-break em, and give a
1d4+X for a success chance. (Maybe X being number of times successful before.)

        If they are not successful, I would like to give them a FUGITIVE
flag that guards have a 1D14-X (x denoting the number of actual days that
player has escaped from jail.) chance of detecting the fugitive.

        I would also like to expand the system to be able to give others a
chance to go bounty hunting. And if they catch a bounty, for them to either
teleport the player to the court-room, or kill them for the bounty.
(whichever.. I don't care)

        I also need to extend the player files to be able to accept new
flags.  Ie bounty, killer, fugitive, wanted, and, maybe a bit vector or two
to be able to determine the previous infractions, and (maybe number of
infractions.).

       NOW FOR THE BIG IDEA!!

        I think it would be nice to see some blank spaces open for adding in
flags and such. Like maybe 10 blank flag fields, a bunch of unused
bit-vectors and such.

        I see some affectation flags in chacters that are stated they are
unused. By hacking the program can I use these flags in some way?

Or maybe it would be a cool thing for some coder some where to write a nifty
conversion program that  would take the present player files, and update
them in any way possible. Like adding extra fields, or whatever when we need
them.

Oh well.. just some idears...

Chris
Zippy the Wonderslug