Re: FlameFest II: This is is not CS 1

From: Jeremy Elson (jelson@blaze.cs.jhu.edu)
Date: 05/08/96

> There was, around October 1995, a suggestion by many 'old timers' to split
> the list to two, a newbies list and a more 'advanced' list.  Everyone on
> the list noted that the newbies would just post to the advanced list
> anyway and that idea was squashed.  Instead, a bunch of us just up and left.
> Perhaps I should unsubscribe again.

I'm beginning to think that splitting the list in two parts may be a good
idea afterall -- this list, which will remain as it is for newbie questions,
and a second, *moderated* list for "advanced" questions (called
circle-wizards or something).  I'd be willing to moderate the list if I
can figure out how, since I've never been a mailing list moderator before.
circle-wizards would not allow newbie traffic or anything answered by an
FAQ or any of the documentation (optimally, I should finish coding.doc
first.)

Is there any support for this idea?