Re: Changing spells without consulting players

From: ShadowLord (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 05/08/96

On Thu, 9 May 1996, Demon wrote:

> answer's easy enough, if the admin of the mud cares not about the
> players, they're failing in running the mud properly...
> look for a new mud to play on or put up with it...

	That's not true.  I've got some pretty some suggestions in my time
at running MUDs, things I wouldn't even think of implementing and after I
tell the person a few times I stop listening to their requests.  The admin
need not care what the player suggests.  I would not sacrafice my ideas of
a good MUD for their ideas of a good MUD unless I deem their ideas better.
It is, after all, my MUD.
	I don't give a damn if John Doe thinks there should be HT (high
tech) areas, or Jane Doe thinks there should conform to a low tech, no
magic system, my idea of a good MUD differs, and it is my MUD, so why
should I care what they think would make the MUD better if I don't want to
include that into my MUD?  Basically, I'll listen, but I don't need to
give a damn to correctly run my MUD.  Some things I like, some things I
don't.  The things I don't like, I don't care about, and hence, I do some
minor insult to the player by rejecting their suggestion or just ignoring
it after the 3rd time they plead to me to add it.