IDEA: Splitting the list. (fwd)

From: Billy H. Chan (bhchan@po.EECS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: 05/09/96

From: Fionn Colvin <fcolvin@metz.une.edu.au>

  Hi all,
       How about this for an idea, instead of splitting the list. As I
  see it people want the list split because Circle vetrans are sick of
  reading the same newbie questions again and again. How about instead of
  splitting the list, as I see this will be very bad for all newbies,
  introduce some standard for naming message subjects? eg

  NEWBIE: <subject>
  CODE: <subject>
  IDEA: <subject>

Good idea.  It works on some newsgroups if everyone follows the
protocol (and quickly personally flame those who don't *wink*)
Might I suggest an additional message header:
	NEWBIE_C: <subject>

Also, while we're at it.... please instead of replying to the whole
reply chain (and thus giving some people dups, edit the reply line
or forward back to the list (choosing to edit it, of course)
Thanks
-- Billy  H. Chan     bhchan@po.eecs.berkeley.edu  bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu
   CogSci/CompSci     http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~bhchan     ResumeInside