Re: SORTA NEWBIE: MOBPROG and PATCHLEVEL 11

From: Ole Gjerde (gjerde@plains.nodak.edu)
Date: 05/10/96

On Fri, 10 May 1996, Chris Anderson wrote:

>         I seem to have gotten MObprg for BPL8 successfully patched (after
> 2-1/2 hours of dickin around..:)
>         When I put a simple program into a fido, it dosen't seem to trigger.
> Ever.
> I used the original sample program, and it didn't work.
> Now, there are a couple of solutions
> either I install it to PL8 (Is whaat it was intended for, then apply all the
> patches to take it to 11 {ACK}),

I patched it into pl8 and it worked great, but it does not work in pl11
for me either.  It didn't patch in cleanly, but I patched the rest in the
right place.  So I should work fine.  I think the only program I've
gotten to work is speech_prog.  When I use a act_prog, the function that
handles the act_prog does get called.  It should work fine.  But I
haven't found out what's wrong yet.  I guess I'll just have to look
harder :)

btw: I don't think there is a newer version of the circle "version" of it.

----
Ole Gjerde
Homepage: http://www.winternet.com/~gjerde
Email: gjerde@plains.nodak.edu, gjerde@winternet.com, jander@fix.bbs.no
Studying Computer Science at North Dakota State University
"Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."
                                                  -- Unknown/Nem Schlecht