ALIAS.C: Compilation problems w/ pl11

From: Eric Soderquist (felz@alaska.net)
Date: 05/11/96

I just got ahold of alias.c and the included readme file for alias.c from
the code director on circlemud.org.

I followed the instructions to a point and even rechecked to be sure I
followed them correctly.  However, I go to compile and the following
compilation errors crop up:

In file included from alias.c:16:
structs.h:887: parse error before `socket_t'
structs.h:887: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
structs.h:917: parse error before `}'
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

I've checked structs.h at the indecated lines and there appears to be
nothing wrong there.  So, I've concluded that this must have something to
do with using alias.c with Circle3.0bpl11.  Is this true, and if so, is
there anything I can do about it?

BTW, I have tried both alias.c and newalias.c (which states it is a drop in
replacement for alias.c).

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Eric Soderquist
IMP of BlackVortex, currently under development