Re: SEMI NEWBIE: Addind color to world files.

From: Mark Devlin (markd@eskimo.com)
Date: 05/15/96

On Wed, 15 May 1996, Fionn Colvin wrote:

>        Has anyone found a way to add color to world files? eg something
> like this for an object.
>
> #<vnum>
> tiny golden earring
> %1a tiny golden earring%0
> %1A tiny golden earring lies here.%0
>
> etc.
>
> Where %1 would be interpreted as CCYEL and %0 and CCNRM.

I've done it.  Wasn't too difficult, and seems to work fine.

Basically, you need the change the send_to_XXXX() functions, or the
SEND_TO_Q macro.

Parsing the % codes is fairly straight-forward.

If anyone wants the code, look in ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/m/markd/circle.  I
should have it there in the next couple days.  If I forget, someone remind
me.

- Mark
markd@eskimo.com	(finger markd@eskimo.com for my PGP signature)
http://www.eskimo.com/~markd	U.S.A. Home of the Alternate Reality page