Re: auto-equip

From: ShadowLord (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 05/21/96

[please format your messages to only use 79 columns]

On Tue, 21 May 1996, Mudder wrote:

> The problem is this: depending on the number of items equipped, when he
> enters the game I get a spam of sys errors, the mud seems to act ok, it
> dosen't crash or lock up, its just a lot of syslog spam. The error line
> looks like this, (SYS ERROR: ch->in-room = NOWHERE when equipping
> character.) I get 3 of these errors for EVERY piece of eq he is
> wearing. I don't get any errors when the eq is just in the inventory.
> This is on Circle3.0bp11. the code hasen't been modified other than
> adding the auto-eq code and save alias code.

	That'd be because the player is in NOWHERE until they're
completely in the game (press 1 at the menu), but the inventory/eq loading
code is called sometime before ch->in_room is set to something other than
NOWHERE.  There's two solutions.  Either save the character's room so that
when they're loaded their ch->in_room is set, or simply remove that SYSERR
Either way is pretty easy.
	For the latter just go around and replace all the save_char(ch,
NOWHERE) with "save_char(ch, ch->in_room)" [or should it be the virtual
number?]