Re: Setting up (Circle 2.20)

From: Skylar (skylar@ifconfig.intserv.com)
Date: 05/22/96

On Tue, 21 May 1996, Chris Nicodemus wrote:

> gcc -o ../bin/circle  comm.o act.comm.o act.informative.o act.movement.o
> act.obj1.o act.obj2.o act.offensive.o act.other.o act.social.o act.wizard.o
> handler.o db.o interpreter.o utility.o spec_assign.o shop.o limits.o mobact.o
> fight.o modify.o weather.o spell_parser.o spells1.o spells2.o constants.o
> spec_procs.o signals.o objsave.o boards.o magic.o mail.o castle.o ban.o graph.o
> config.o
> act.wizard.c:2665: Undefined symbol `_crypt' referenced from text segment
> interpreter.c:1298: Undefined symbol `_crypt' referenced from text segment
> interpreter.c:1420: Undefined symbol `_crypt' referenced from text segment
> interpreter.c:1433: Undefined symbol `_crypt' referenced from text segment
> interpreter.c:1620: Undefined symbol `_crypt' referenced from text segment
> interpreter.c:1645: Undefined symbol `_crypt' referenced from text segment
> interpreter.c:1657: Undefined symbol `_crypt' referenced from text segment
> interpreter.c:1673: Undefined symbol `_crypt' referenced from text segment

> what are those errors and how do I fix them?

Either you dont have the crypt function, or you're not using the lib that
has it when you link.  I'm a little rusty on 2.2 syntax, but you could try
these as possibilities for a fix...

1) Try adding a "-lcrypt" in your Makefile on the line that has "LIBS ="

2) Try adding -DNOCRYPT in your Makefile on the "MYFLAGS =" line.

3) Try using a newer version of circle, 2.2 is riddled with stuff which
   has been fixed in the 3.0 patch levels, which though, are still beta,
   are pretty damn stable, maybe moreso even than 2.2.

-Sky