NEWBIE: Experience question.

From: Fionn Colvin (fcolvin@metz.une.edu.au)
Date: 05/27/96

Hi all,
       I know this is a real newbie question but I have a few questions
about experience. I've looked at the secion in fight.c which works out
your exp gain for a kill I dont think I understand how it works. This is
what I see it as.

Example:

Mob : Sheep
Level: 1
Exp: 100

Player: Me
Level: 1
Exp: 1

I kill the sheep. The following occurs.

exp = 100 / 3  (Sheeps exp divided by 3)
exp += (exp * 0) >> 3 (0 because sheep level - my level = 0)

Therefore exp should be 100 right? Or near enough. It doesn't work that
way though. What actually happens? How much exp with the current code
should I get from the above example? And how is it calculated?

Thanks for the help

Fionn