Conversion of player file

From: Remko Wiersma (ia_remko@cs.utwente.nl)
Date: 05/30/96

For anyone who's interested, I just finished converting the famous
playerfile to standard ASCII files. No more player wipes, no more
corruption. If something's wrong, just edit the textfile and it's
done. It's very easy to add new stuff to it now, just add to
appropriate code to the store_to_char and char_to_store procs, and
everything works fine.

We're kinda beta testing it right now, and will probably run in to
some bugs and other problems, but so far everything works just fine.
If it stays that way, I'll convert the object/rent file too, maybe
I'll make just one file per player, containing everything, that is,
stats, objects, aliases, reimbs etc.

Anyone who's interested, mail me.

Remko

Remko M. Wiersma		Student Computer Science at the
				      University of Twente
e-mail: ia_remko@cs.utwente.nl
or WWW: http://wwwbeno.cs.utwente.nl/~ia_remko (but it's OLD!)
The secret of success is sincerity.
Once you can simulate that, you've got it made!