Re: int sharp[];

From: Jeremy Elson (jelson@blaze.cs.jhu.edu)
Date: 06/03/96

> Does anyone know the original intent of sharp[] in constants.c?
> It's not used anywhere, and I can't think of any application for it.....
>
> (Of course, it could be used somewhere, and I just didn't look hard enough) :

Wow.. that's a blast from the past.

There used to be an array which defined which weapon types were "sharp" and
therefore could be used as backstabbing weapons, but at some point in the
distant past (I don't remember when) it was changed so that only weapons of
TYPE_PIERCE could be used for backstabbing.

BTW, this is a nice use for the code cross-reference in the CDP.

-Jeremy