Re: Races..

From: Brian Christopher Guilbault (guil9964@nova.gmi.edu)
Date: 06/11/96

On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, Che Lucero wrote:

> can ANYONE tell me wtf is wrong witht this stupid line??
> please? :)
> sprintf(buf, "%sYou are %s.\r\n", buf, RACE_NAME(ch));
>
> gives me a "parse error before ;" (on this line of course...)
> and it dont matter where i move it, so its not a error on the line bove...
> thanx much if you can help.

Well, I may be wrong, I don't usually answer code questions on the list
because I'm not as good as some of these guys...but what about

sprintf(buf, "You are %s.\r\n", RACE_NAME(ch));

That will write "You are <race>" to the string "buf". I'm not exactly
sure why you have buf written twice, I don't think that will work.

 -Brian

who hopes he's right so as not to look dumb in front of lots of coders
who know more than he does.