Re: Assigning Spec Procs on the fly...

From: Daniel W. Burke (dwb@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 06/21/96

On Fri, 21 Jun 1996, Ground Zero Enterprises wrote:

> I have coded a new spell called gate that creates two portals, one where
> the caster is and one where the target is and I wrote a special that
> should let people enter the gate to go to the other room.  The problem is
> I can't figure out how to assign the special as I create the object.  The
> creation is just a mimick of the code to create a corpse except I have
> added a special item type for portals.  Here is my code for the gate spell:
>
> ASPELL(spell_gate)
> }
>
> I have tried several ways of assigning the procedure but i get several
> compilation errors.  Any help would be appreciated, as this spell is
> basically useless unless I can assign the special :)

Why don't you either use ASSIGNOBJ() there, or just assign the spec in
spec_assign and not bother with it in the spell?
If the portal is the same vnum for both sides, you're assigning the spec
to the same object twice, and besides, the first time the spell
is cast would be all that was needed to set it up for the rest of the
time the mud was running anyways.