Re: Installing Alias Patch

daishi@rookery.acns.nwu.edu
Date: 06/25/96

> I keeping getting this error while compiling:
>
> 	gcc -c -O -Wall -fno-strict-prototypes  act.other.c
> act.other.c: In function `do_save':
> act.other.c:102: warning: type mismatch with previous external decl
> act.other.c:43: warning: previous external decl of `write_aliases'
> act.other.c:102: warning: implicit declaration of function `write_aliases'
>
> I followed the instructions perfectly in alias.README and put the alias.c
> in src/ .
>
> What should I do to fix it...
>
> 	-Stalker

i put the prototype with the externs like this:

/* extern variables */
extern struct str_app_type str_app[];
extern struct room_data *world;
extern struct descriptor_data *descriptor_list;
extern struct room_data *world;
extern struct dex_skill_type dex_app_skill[];
extern struct spell_info_type spell_info[];
extern struct index_data *mob_index;
extern char *class_abbrevs[];
void write_aliases(struct char_data *ch);

and my do_save looks like this:

ACMD(do_save)
{
  if (IS_NPC(ch) || !ch->desc)
    return;

  if (cmd) {
    sprintf(buf, "Saving %s.\r\n", GET_NAME(ch));
    send_to_char(buf, ch);
  }
  write_aliases(ch);
  save_char(ch, NOWHERE);
  Crash_crashsave(ch);
  if (ROOM_FLAGGED(ch->in_room, ROOM_HOUSE_CRASH))
    House_crashsave(world[ch->in_room].number);
}

And it works just fine for me... hope this helps.
--
George Campbell   ---    daishi@nwu.edu: Now I lay me down to sleep
Network Administrator for KUHLAN       : I pray the double lock will keep;