Multiple Attacks

From: Brian Menges (menges@niesten.arc.nasa.gov)
Date: 06/26/96

I have implemented a mulptile attack scheme on my MUD very similiar to the
ideas that were posted on here a few days back.  However, I am unhappy with it.
:(
When in combat it will print something like the following:

> You slash the cityguard very hard.
> You slash the cityguard hard.
> The cityguard's attack misses you by a mile.

This is because in perform violence the code goes something like:

if( FIGHTING(ch) )
   hit(ch, FIGHTING(ch), TYPE_UNDEFINED, mod1);

Then there is a skill check and then another

if( FIGHTING(ch) )
   hit(ch, FIGHTING(ch), TYPE_UNDEFINED, mod1);

I would like to change it so that the mobiles attack goes in between the two
attacks.  I.e. a round of combat would look like:

> You slash the cityguard very hard.
> The cityguard's attack misses you by a mile.
> You slash the cityguard hard.

I am unsure how to go about doing this however without going in and changing
the whole combat scheme.  Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas on the matter?

-brian aka Haddixx
__

--
"Take my advice and go back to the time	| Brian Menges
you came from.  The future isn't what 	| NASA Ames Research Center