Re: Code question: real death

From: Skylar (skylar@ifconfig.intserv.com)
Date: 06/28/96

On Fri, 28 Jun 1996, Mud Admin wrote:

> In an effort to make the possibility of death in my MUD more exciting, I
> came up with the follow idea:
>
> When a player dies, it makes a system shock check to see if they survive.
> If they make the check, the survive and just die.
> If they fail, the have suffered permenent death and should get dumped
> from the game.

I think its a great idea... I am using permenant death myself, though you
can be brought back (an an undead) by a pc necromancer or reincarnated (
as an animal) by a pc druid...

-code snipped-

> I want them out of the game totally. no link, no nothing. It is not doing
> that however, it is sending me to the main menu.

Try

  close_socket(ch->desc);

At the end of that code...

If it STILL doesnt work, email me, and I will send you a do_smite command
I wrote which kills deletes and bumps off a character...

-Sky