Re: Alias saving question

From: daishi (daishi@rookery.acns.nwu.edu)
Date: 07/02/96

> The problem I pointed out was NOT extra whitespaces, but whitespaces in
> place of a TAB.  The TAB is *REQUIRED* before the make rule (the "$(CC) -c
> $(CFLAGS) file.c" line).

Ah.  I see the distinction in your point here.

> And explain how you could get the mentioned error from not uncompressing
> the file?  That would give a different error altogether, if I'm not
> mistaken (again).

clifford:~/mud/src> gzip alias.c
clifford:~/mud/src> make
make ../bin/circle
make[1]: Entering directory /home/daishi/mud/src'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target lias.c', needed by lias.o'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory /home/daishi/mud/src'
make: *** [default] Error 2
clifford:~/mud/src> gunzip alias.c.gz
clifford:~/mud/src> make
make ../bin/circle
make[1]: Entering directory /home/daishi/mud/src'
make[1]: Leaving directory /home/daishi/mud/src'
clifford:~/mud/src>

Looks like the same error to me (dont have the origional question)

--
George Campbell   ---    daishi@nwu.edu: Now I lay me down to sleep
Network Administrator for KUHLAN       : I pray the double lock will keep;