OFF TOPIC: Xwindows

From: M.A.Clubine (maclubin@adala.smith.cis.syr.edu)
Date: 07/02/96

Hello everyone, I apologize for being off topic, and if someone could
point me to a better place I would surely go there instead.  I am a new
administrator on a Unix box running xwindows.  I can post more stats
later if thy're really important.  My question is, is there a modem
program that can be used with xwindows?  This network isn't hardwird to
the internet, so when we want to connect to another company, or server we
have to use cu.  Anyone have anything better than this?  It's a pain to
try to learn uucp for file transfers, because we can't use ftp.  We can
set up slip connections coming in, but nothing yet going out.

Michael

     __o
   _`\<,_                   Michael Andrew Clubine
  (*)/ (*)               http://web.syr.edu/~maclubin             __o
`'`'``'``'`'~\_                maclubin@syr.edu                 _`\<,_