Re: Opening screen on Circle (and grep)

From: Alex (3raf7@qlink.queensu.ca)
Date: 07/04/96

On Thu, 4 Jul 1996, Brian Pape wrote:
> > Hi. This probably seems like a really silly question, but
> > how do you edit the "Your mud name here"?  I have been
> > unable to locate the file so that I can modify the name of the
> > mud...

The surprising thing about this one is that it isn't in a text
file in the lib (I actually thought it was to be honest until
I looked for it)... it is in one of the code files... specifically
config.c

With respect to the other message that was sent out, a suggestion
for using grep is the following syntax:
grep -i "<the phrase>" <the files>

The -i signifies that grep should ignore case... so in this case,
one good thing to use would be:

grep -i "your mud" *.c

Which would search all the .c files for the string 'your mud'
regardless of case.

This message has been brought to you by the letter 'i' and the
number 7.

--
Erm... Yeah.  Whatever.