CODE FAQ: CHANGING IMPS AFTER ADDING LEVELS (was Re: Directions for Adding Levels - Big Spam!)

From: Billy H. Chan (bhchan@po.EECS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: 07/06/96

Q: I just added 20000 levels to my mud (from the stock 36).  How do I set up
   my imps back to lv 20000 without a pfile wipe?

A: You write a quick and nasty function like:
   ACMD(do_upme) {
	GET_LEVEL(ch) = LVL_IMPL;
	send_to_char("You got it, Boss!", ch);
  }
  (assumption is you're smart enough to know when to enable it and
   disable it and how to add it as a command)

Q: I decided to wipe my pfile away anyway.  I remove players and went into
   plrobjs and removed things in there also.  Did I do this correctly?

A: It is not really necessary to remove things in plrobjs.

(I really think this should be in a FAQ if it isn't already, at least the
 first part)
-- Billy  H. Chan     bhchan@po.eecs.berkeley.edu  bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu
   CogSci/CompSci     http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~bhchan     ResumeInside