Re: question

From: Rasmus 'Con' Ronlev (raro94ab@hp4.econ.cbs.dk)
Date: 07/06/96

On Fri, 5 Jul 1996, Brian Williams - Nashak wrote:

> you know how like in do_users, how it shows like format "%-21s" for to
> make to take up 21 spaces, no matter if it is 2 or 10 or whatever.. how
> would I make it so even if it takes up like 30, it still only shows 21
> letters?

As far as I remember you could do a %21.21s , or %-21.21s .. the later
one beeing left alligned. erm... at least this is my shot... I can look
it up in a C book if it doesnt work.. BUT, as someone once said, ONLY

' wenn es gar nicht anders geht, dann halte dich an die gebrauchsanveisung'

err (thing I got it spelled right, don't flame me germans :)

the manual beeing the C manual here :) *grin*

Regards,
Con.

d.
--
     Rasmus Rønlev DOEK'94      WWW: http://www.econ.cbs.dk/people/raro94ab
     Student instructor         MUD: exiled.mud.circlemud.org 5000