Re: Core dumps

From: Brian Pape (bpape@ezl.com)
Date: 07/08/96

> Not too long ago people were talking about core dumps that give errors in
> gbd "cannot fetch registers; core file in wrong format"
>
> Someone have come up with some sort of solution, but I cannot find the
> message... if anyone knows/rememebers/has that message, I'd greatly
> appreciate it if it was sent my way :)

hard to say without knowing what os, but many people running linux, and
compiling their binaries as ELF need to get the gdb 4.14 linux ELF patches
to patch into the 4.14 source distribution, or else get the 4.14 or 4.16
ELF gdb binary.  These can be found many places, including sunsite.

Taran.
Reign of Towers
bpape@ezl.com